Vaginal Dryness Associated with Diabetes
Replens Long-Lasting Vaginal Moisturizer for Women Living with Diabetes
Women living with diabetes are more likely to experience sexual issues, but they often suffer in silence. Potential reasons for the increased prevalence among diabetic women include changes in the vagina due to functional vascular changes, neuropathy, or tissue glycosylation related to diabetes and side effects from diabetic medications. One of the most common concerns is vaginal dryness.
“Once diabetes enters your life, it goes with you wherever you go…even into the bedroom. The most common female problems are vaginal dryness, reduced sexual interest and pain during intercourse.”
- Janis Roszler, Past Diabetes Educator of the Year
- Women with diabetes have a 33% increased incidence of vaginal dryness
- Up to 42% of women with diabetes experience sexual dysfunction
- The odds of a diabetic woman having painful intercourse are 3.48 times greater (per a study of postmenopausal women)
Gynecologists have long recommended Replens™ Long-Lasting Vaginal Moisturizer to their patients as one of the most effective ways to address vaginal dryness. Replens is an excellent alternative to Hormone Treatment for vaginal dryness. Replens is estrogen free.
“In a randomized trial, a polycarbophil-based vaginal moisturizer available over the counter (Replens) provided relief of vaginal (dryness) symptoms that was equivalent to that of vaginal estrogen...”
- Deborah Grady, M.D., M.P.H. Management of Menopausal Symptoms as published in The New England Journal of Medicine
Help educate women living with diabetes about vaginal dryness and Replens, and improve their quality of life.
Replens Long-Lasting Vaginal Moisturizer
- Replenishes vaginal moisture
- Helps rejuvenate dry vaginal cells
- Provides moisture at the source of discomfort
- Long-lasting: use every 3 days or as needed
- Estrogen free
- Clinically tested
- Available at all major drug and discount stores
Replens does not treat diabetes. Please talk to your health care provider about any concerns and for medical advice.